Sunday, August 5, 2007

Why I suspect my daughter is actually an 8 year old boy...

The evidence is mounting:

1. Caroline's had a thing for dinosaurs lately. She loves reading dinosaur books, making dinosaur 'roar's and today I caught her sharing her plans for scaling the crib wall with a stuffed triceratops (the one with the ruffle, as Aunt Beth puts it) .

2. Caroline likes to cut you off when you're reading her a story. This is one new game that I find particularly annoying. It's similar to the interrupting cow knock-knock joke, but in Caroline's version, she interjects a loud 'aaaa!'

3. Caroline has questionable uses for some of her toys. I got her a set of plastic play food the other day - you know, the typical pots/pans/fruit/eggs/meat set with 56 colorful, choke able pieces. As soon as she got it open she took the flexible, plastic butcher knife and thrust it at her chest.


4. At the Queens' Hall of Science the other day, she spent a considerable amount of time examining the stuffed rodents in the toddler play area (see picture). She was also taken with the puppet show. Luckily for the staff, they were behind a wall. When Clay, Caroline & I went to the Queens' Zoo later in the week, she tried to rush the puppet show stage to express her displeasure. She had to be removed from the theater. They deserved it though - it was pretty lame.

Check out the pictures where Caroline is trying to sneak a kiss to the sheep & goats. They were flattered, I'm sure.




1 comment:

TSI! said...

Addendum: She also now burps on command to the line, "Does he burp, does he belch or make noises quite rude?" in How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? I must admit, though, that I taught her how to.