Saturday, May 26, 2007

Splish Splash



It's 88 degrees here today. I'm sure Pat is glad she headed home. After emailing my final project this afternoon I headed out to join Caroline & Clay at the park. Although there's no grass in Traver's Park (how the heck is Traver's Park listed on wikipedia?!?), there is a neat set of sprinklers that keep the local kids from opening up fire hydrants. So, I grabbed Caroline a towel, water shoes, extra diapers and an extra set of clothes before I left. Turns out when you're playing with Daddy, there's no need for such supplies. She preferred to stay in her soaked diaper and clothes until we got home. I've rarely seen her more excited. I'm really astounded, though, about how cold the water is from these sprinklers. This must be one of Clay's traits coming through - It would take me at least an hour to run through sprinklers so cold.

On a side note - I included a picture of the general sprinkler scene from my vantage point (ala Caroline & the hipsters). Can you pick out Caroline in green among the other children? There's also a picture of Caroline & her music class friend Alex checking out his new set of wheels.

No comments: