Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A bushel and a peck

Pat mentioned when she was here that we probably eat a peck of dirt in our lifetime. Well, Caroline's love affair with dirt continued on Tuesday in a busy Bryant Park. She camped out smack dab in the middle of a walking path next to the big lawn. I tried to move her a couple of times (including once when a man in a wheelchair needed to get by), but she was fixated on returning again and again.

We had another great moment on the 7 platform in Grand Central when the Rastafarian drummers offered Caroline one of their drums. She was beaming, drumming along with her newfound, gap-toothed smiling friends. Only in New York. I wish I had gotten a picture, but at the time I was completely caught up in keeping her from putting the drumstick in her mouth. Ewww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, blame it on Pat! I learned it from my Girl Scout leader!